This is a web-based application for entering weight training exercises. I wrote it to replace a Word document which was very flexible but gave no indication of my progress over the weeks and months. My desktop PC is set up as a web and database server and is in the same room as my weights equipment, so I can easily enter weights data during or after doing all the exercises.
- Database / web pages capable of handling multiple users
- Graphical reports
- Admin features to add/edit exercises and view user settings
- Flexible entry / editing of routines (e.g. bench press on a Monday, squats on a Wednesday...) and unplanned exercises
- View entries from previous weeks
- Mark a week as inactive (holiday, injury or lack of motivation )
- Entry in kilos or pounds
- ASP.NET 2.0 web application written in C#
- 3-tier architecture for scalability / ease of maintenance
- SQL Server 2005 database, with all data access channelled through stored procedures
- Forms authentication
- Microsoft Windows 2000 web server or later, running SQL Server 2005 or later. (SQL Server Express supported for use on a standalone machine.)
- ASP.NET Framework version 2.0 or later and IIS 5.0 or later.
- ASP.NET AJAX (Download Ajax)
- Compatible with IE6, IE7, Firefox 1.4, Firefox 2 browsers - other browsers not tested.
Setup instructions are in the ZIP file's doc folder.